Tips on how to build your email list

Updated: Sep 9, 2018

In our previous article we looked at why email was still a very important tool for your business. As a follow-up here are a few tips on how to grow and build your email list into of your most powerful marketing tools.

But if you’re not into the DIY thing, then our team is more than happy to help out. Just give us a shout at info@pacmentalityconsulting.com and we can get creating for you.


If you are happy to fly solo...then read on McDuff!


Tip #1: Use a free giveaway

One of the simplest ways to ramp up your email list is to run a giveaway or a contest. Most small business think that running a giveaway is complicated or that it can only be done by big brands.


Not only is a giveaway an effective hack its simple to boot.


Why? Because when you are giving away free stuff on the Internet, a heap of interested people give you their contact info.


Regardless of the type of small business you run or the niche you are operating in, you can run a proper giveaway and see real results coming your way.


However, do need to have a strategy up your sleeve. In other words, you need to invest time/money to ensure that your giveaway is successful, with enough preparation. The easiest way to do this is to work with a professional, but its certainly not something you can give a go yourself.


Tip #2: Limit access to your most valuable content

If you are already giving away valuable content to your website visitors, then you could try gating some of it to get visitors to subscribe to your email list.


You may decide to keep 70% of your content available to everyone and the other 30% only accessible by subscribing. This could your high-value content such as detailed guides, research reports, etc.


What you’re doing here is using your existing content to increase the size of your email list. However, keep in mind that people who give their email address expect to see high-value material that is worth it.


Tip #3: Make it easier to subscribe

Sounds pretty obvious right? However its pretty common to for websites to have the subscribe stuff tucked away. You need to ensure that your subscription forms are displayed at all the prominent places of your website, along with a clear call to action.


Try places like your navigation pane, your feature boxes or your blog page. Chances are if people are enjoying reading your blog, they wont mind partying with their email to stay in the loop.


Tip #4: Leverage Facebook ads

While there are many different ways to advertise on Facebook, lead generation ads allow you to display your ads to targeted audience along with a specific lead-capture form that interested people can fill out. The best part this tool is that the form is pre-populated with their email address that is connected to their Facebook account. This not only makes the process of getting sign-ups easier but it also much quicker, especially when it is carried out via mobile devices.


Even though Facebook lead generation ads are not free, they are worth it. If you have the budget and want to invest it in the right direction, then you may want to power your email list building with Facebook ads. If you’ve never created a Facebook lead generation ad before, we can help you with that.

5 views

LET'S DISCUSS YOUR PROJECT

0403155315

Visit us in

Darch WA 6065

Or we can come to you!

(C) Pacmentality Consulting 2020